Desain Bahan Ajar Tambahan Untuk Meningkatkan Minat Siswa Dalam Belajar Bahasa Ingggris

Maliqul Hafis, Sahrawi Sahrawi

Abstract


Abstract

This research and development aims to describe the design and feasibility of the quality of English teaching materials for junior high school students. The research uses five out of ten stages based on Gall Borg & (2007) determination of the stages of research including: (1) research and information collecting, (2) planning, (3) developing preliminary forms of product, (4) preliminary field testing, (5) main product revision. The researchers get an evaluation of learning material from several evaluators. The results obtained show that almost all opinions are in agreement and agree. 33.33% of evaluators agree that infographic can generally help students understand the lesson. The remaining 66.66% of students strongly agree. The evaluator agreed that graphs and drawings were broadly related to teaching material. All evaluators also agreed that the material was interestingly designed. This shows that all evaluators agreed in accordance with the statement instrument. Thus, the product results can be used by teachers in helping students in the learning process.


Keywords


infographic, additional teaching materials, research development

Full Text:

PDF

References


Akkoyunlu, B., & Yılmaz, M. (2005). Türetimci çoklu ortam öğrenme kuramı. Hacettepe Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 28, 9-18.

Bellato, N. (2013). Infographics: A visual link to learning. ELearn, 2013(12), 1.

Borkin, M. A., Vo, A. A., Bylinskii, Z., Isola, P., Sunkavalli, S., Oliva, A., & Pfister, H. (2013). What makes a visualization memorable? IEEE Transactions On Visualization And Computer Graphics, 12(19), 2306-2315. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2013.234

Bowen, G. A. (2009). Document analysis as a qualitative research method. Qualitative research journal, 9(2), 27-40.

Cohen, L., Manion, L., & Morrison, K. (2002). Research methods in education. routledg.

Davis, M., & Quinn, D. (2013). Visualizing text: The new literacy of infographics. Reading today, 31(3), 16-18.

Felder, R. M., & Soloman, B. A. (2000). Learning styles and strategies. Retrieved

on June 19th, 2019 from http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/ILSdir/styles.ht

m

Fraenkel, J. R., Wallen, N. E., & Hyun, H. H. (2011). How to design and evaluate research in education. New York: McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages.

Gall, M. D., Gall, J. P., & Borg, W. R. (2007). Educational research: an introduction (8. utg.).

Guthrie, J., Petty, R., Yongvanich, K., & Ricceri, F. (2004). Using content analysis as a research method to inquire into intellectual capital reporting. Journal of intellectual capital, 5(2), 282-293.

İslamoğlu, H., Ay, O., İliç, U., Mercimek, B., Dönmez, P., Kuzu, A., & Odabaşı, F. (2015). Infographics: A new competency area for teacher candidates. Cypriot Journal of Educational Sciences, 10(1), 32-39

Lamb, A., & Johnson, L. (n.d.). Infographics Part 1: 54–58. Retrieved from https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/bitstream/handle/1805/8589/tl42014.pdf?sequence=1

Matrix, S., & Hodson, J. (2014). Teaching with infographics: Practicing new digital competencies and visual literacies. Journal of Pedagogic Development, 4(2), 17-27.

Morrison, G. R., Ross, S. J., Morrison, J. R., & Kalman, H. K. (2019). Designing effective instruction. Wiley.

Schrock, K. (2014). Infographics as a creative assessment. Retrieved September 29, 2014, from http://www.schrockguide.net/infographics-as-an-assessment.html

Smiciklas, M. (2012). The power of infographics: Using pictures to communicate and connect with your audiences. Que Publishing.

Vanichvasin, P. (2013). Enhancing the quality of learning through the use of infographics as visual communication tool and learning tool (pp. 135-142). In the Proceedings ICQA 2013: The International Conference on QA Culture: Cooperation or Competition. Bangkok: Offset Plus. Retrieved December, 13, 2014, from http://www.icqa2014.com/downloads/Proceeding_29.pdf

Williams, M. F. (2002). Diversity, thinking styles, and infographics (Paper presented at 12th International Conference of Women in Engineering, Science and Technology, Ottawa July 27-31 2002). Retrieved September 30, 2014, from http://www.mun.ca/cwse/icwes_infographics.pdf.

Yıldırım, S., Yıldırım, G., Çelik, E., & Aydin, M. (2014). Bilgi grafiği (infografik) oluşturma sürecine yönelik öğrenci görüşleri. Journal of Research in Education and Teaching, 3(24), 247-255.


Article Metrics

Abstract view : 0 times
PDF - 0 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
Educatio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

 

View My Stats